Principal Town Planning Officer
Vacancy Ref: 7024520
Venn Group are currently recruiting for an interim Principal Planning Officer for a well-regarded local authority in the South West
Location: South West
Duration: 3 Months Initially
Rate: £450 per day Umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Dealing with Planning, Building Control, Private Sector Housing and Housing and other Development management activities and effective management of those outcomes.
- Contract letting, management, monitoring and review, including procurement and management of risks
- Identification and appraisal of sites and funding for all kinds of development delivery including affordable housing to meet local needs and infrastructure.
- Providing high quality advice to applicants and the public and to other Council services, partners and the private sector
- Devising, managing and supporting effective internal and external partnerships and engagement with stakeholders.
- Devising, bidding for external funding and delivering large scale transformational projects across a number of Council Departments
- The production of a statutory Local Development Framework and other Plans, Policies and Strategies promoting and regulating the development and use of land for the County, Service Delivery Areas and individual community level
- Previous Development Management experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation
- Corporate Membership of the Royal Town Planning or equivalent
- A full driving licence as travel to sites may be required
To apply for this position, please contact Olli Attwood on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to OAttwood@venngroup.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.