Specialists in professional temporary recruitment
Position Details: 12 month fixed term contract, full time
Salary: circa £29,000 - £36,000
Closing date for CVs: Wednesday 10th February
We are delighted to be working with one of our Surrey based local authority clients to recruit a Procurement Officer for a 1 year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the procurement function with development and delivery of procurement projects at all levels as well as providing advice to stakeholders within the organisation.
About the Job:
The purpose of the Procurement Officer is to be the first port of call for all procurement matters and to drive and support efforts to ensure procurement policies and contract procedure rules are adhered to within the organisation. As the Procurement Officer, you will liaise with external suppliers, negotiating contracts based on service, delivery and price, and coordinate and manage the tender process including the development and preparation of tender documents for signoff, setting of evaluation criteria and methodology, leading the tender evaluation process and managing communications with bidders up to contract award.
Experience and skills required:
- Demonstrable public procurement experience
- Confident use of frameworks such as CCS/ESPO
- Ability to influence internal/external stakeholders and drive change
- An excellent communicator who is approachable
- Flexible and adaptable with a can-do attitude
- Local government experience (ideal)
- Experience of procurement within all price ranges (ideal)
For further information on the role, please get in touch with Niki Holdich and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.