Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer to support a well-respected Council in the South West.
Location: South West
Duration: 3 months initially
IR35 Status: Inside IR35
- Utilise specialist skills, knowledge and expertise to provide procurement solutions, advice and guidance to Officers in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, UK Public Contract Regulations, EU Legislation and best practice
- Assist in ensuring the compliance requirements of the Council’s Constitution are effectively communicated and embedded across all Directorates and Business Units.
- Deliver, with support advice and guidance from the Senior Procurement Officer, end to end procurement processes for high value, high risk and complex procurements
- Support, advise and guide the Procurement Assistant in the delivery of low value, low risk contracts
- Provide day to day guidance to the Procurement Assistant in relation to the provision of procurement administration support
- Modern procurement techniques (including e-commerce)
- EU Directives and UK Procurement Legislation relative to Public Procurement
- Contract / Tender Management
- Specification design and ability to write commensurate to the wider commercial and business environment
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes in a large multi-purpose organisation
- Knowledge of IT systems and current procurement advances, i.e. e-Procurement, marketplaces etc
To apply for this position, please contact Oliver Attwood on 0117 930 8760 or email your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.