Programme Manager – Public Health
Venn Group is currently working with a large NHS Mental Health Organisation in London who are looking for a Band 8a Programme Manager for their Public Health Team, piloting a new Smoking Cessation Project.
Day Rate: £260 - £300 / day
Contract Length: 4 Months initially
Hours: 37.5 / week
On site / WFH split
Role sits inside IR35
- Organise and support the implementation of the NHS England national pilot to increase access and outcomes to smoking cessation services for people admitted to, and discharged from, inpatient mental health settings in the locality
- Pilot for smoke-free hospital settings, delivering on a key ambition in the NHS Long-Term Plan
- The Trust has been selected as an early implementation site (EIS) and will trial the implementation using a test-and-learn approach and providing valuable feedback for the programme at national level
- Provide expert Quality Improvement (QI) and project management to the project, supporting inpatient MH teams, CMHTs / Recovery teams
- Support local authority-commissioned Stop Smoking Services to ensure that those admitted to and discharged from Mental Health Inpatient services are effectively supported to quit smoking during their inpatient stay and following discharge
- Work closely with Trust Board members, senior managers, staff and patients
- Work with local community stop smoking services and local authority public health teams
- Shape and deliver the cross-organisational plan for improving smoking quit rates among those leaving inpatient MH settings
The Successful candiate will have:
- Strong Project Management Experience at least to an 8a level.
- Ideally a good mix of Mental Health and Primary Care experience
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement and Communication Skills
If you are interested in this position please immediately send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Henry Simpson on 020 7557 7667.