We are looking for a Project Manager to support a fast-paced infrastructure delivery team. The successful candidate will be planning the project and controlling change.
Contract length: 6 months
Location: Remote working/London offices/site visits
- Co-ordinating the project work-streams at operational level
- Running checkpoints and identifying milestones
- Engaging with stakeholders and managing contractors
- Supporting the lead delivery manager to ensure successful delivery of key milestones to the required quality and to the timescales agreed within the project plan
- Identify, monitor and manage project risks and issues. Develop mitigating strategies and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Maintain and deliver against other project controls (including planning, assumptions, decisions, change control and configuration management)
- Ensure the required Project reporting is completed through the various Defra governance structures in an agreed timely manner
- Support the relationship with internal and external project stakeholders, identify and manage collaborative relationship and actively engage senior level support when required
- Practical experience of managing project risks and issues, designing appropriate management strategies and discussing them with stakeholders
- Delivered or been involved in the delivery of projects within agreed time, cost and quality constraints
- Have a sound understanding of project management tools and methodologies, and experience of applying them in practice
- Have experience and be confident with methods to map out and engage with internal and external stakeholders and manage those relationships
- Confident in identifying priorities and working effectively with delivery managers to assess and report progress against them
- Experience of identifying, tracking and reporting on complex dependencies (give and get), working with other projects and programmes to drive these to conclusion
- Be able to communicate the objectives and the vision of a project. Be an advocate for identifying lessons learned and sharing best practice.
- Ability to work at pace in a highly intense and pressured environment with ambiguity and change
If you feel that your skills and experience match the above requirements, please contact Neena Spary on 020 7557 7667, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org