Project Manager / Operation Manager
Rate: £200 - £300per day - Negotiable dependant on experience (Inside IR35)
We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager/ Operational manager to assist the Children in Care Head of Service in the management of the service. You will be accountable for a portfolio of responsibilities to include the operational day-to-day management of the department and to deputise for the Head of Service as required on specific projects
- To provide dynamic operational leadership and direction to designated staff groups in the operation and development of the service, which inspires a sense of purpose and ownership of the service plans.
- To assist the Head of Service with the effective management of the teams, including recruitment, induction, some supervision of staff, quality assurance, performance management.
- To ensure effective financial management is exercised over budgets.
- To manage and control designated budgets complying with BCT procedures and audit requirements.
- To support the role of Head of service with any other duties
- Substantial experience with a minimum of 5 years frontline management of Children in Care effectively managing the performance of teams.
- Proven track record of successful team leadership.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets.
- Substantial experience in establishing systems and setting standards that ensure effective quality services for children.
- Ability to operate openly and effectively with staff within a performance management culture, providing visible leadership and direction.
- Able to communicate effectively to arrange of audiences in a formal and informal manner.
- Able to recognise people’s strengths, abilities and areas of development to support their potential.
- Ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to identify and prioritise key areas of work.
- To produce regular information reports for Head and Service and Assistant Director.
- Ability to analyse complex written and statistical data.
- Able to intervene/support staff in complex cases in order to ensure appropriate risk management and care/pathway planning.
- Able to accept direction and implement decisions of the Head of Service.
- Ability to undertake audits and complete timely complaint responses as required.
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.