Senior Category Manager – Band 8a
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, flexibility if needed, 37.5 hours
Salary: £48,526 - £54,619 (Dependant on experience)
Hybrid: 2 Days in office, 3 days working from home.
A job opening has arisen as a Senior Category Manager working within the NHS in Nottingham. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in both procurement and working within the public sector. Previous work within the NHS is desirable but not essential.
Below are a few key responsibilities of the role:
- Running complex OJEU procurements, managing multiple senior stakeholders and reporting and presenting as required in both written and verbal formats
- Implementing a category management strategy, delivering effective procurements and supporting the management of key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality
- Leading large and often complex procurement activities, delivering savings and other optimal outcomes of a tactical (cost reduction) and strategic nature in a challenging healthcare environment. Accordingly you will be able to demonstrate change management and stakeholder management skills across decentralised business units
- Gaining competitive advantage for NUH by identifying best practice and leveraging the Trust spend within the category
- Seeking out and engaging appropriate internal and external stakeholders at or up to Board level to provide the information and insight to support the development of the strategic options for the category
- Where appropriate, working closely with a central support team to ensure the contracts you let deliver best value to NUH through effective supplier management
The successful candidate will have:
• MCIPS qualified
• A strong background of working with the public contract regulations
• The ability to work at a senior level, gaining credibility with key stakeholders
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise appropriately
• There would be a q requirement to sit on a number of capital committees to provide procurement advise
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Tom Brown or Michael McClure on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email Mmcclure@venngroup.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations