Senior Commissioning Officer
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who are recruiting Senior Commissioning Officer to commission a range of social care services for the Adult Care and Support Directorate.
The client is looking for candidates to have experience in the following areas: Producing specs, tendering, community mental health provision, contract monitoring and a wide ranging adult social care provision, including hospital discharge care.
- Use the commissioning cycle to review, plan and design services
- Research, engage plan and deliver commissioning projects within agreed parameters of quality, timescale and budget
- Work as part of an operational commissioning team to ensure that commissioning strategies are delivered in a timely manner
- Develop and utilise knowledge of best practice and local needs to address gaps, redesign and specify commission services
- Design and develop processes for collecting, collating and analysing performance information and audits of accuracy of data
- Work closely with the Council’s procurement team to prepare commissioning projects for market testing
- Monitor service delivery to ensure compliance with formal contracts, service standards and performance requirements
- To ensure the development and commissioning or decommissioning of services remains equitable
- Experience of working in an adult care service environment
- Have a detailed understanding of the costs and value of services provided by a Council
- Experienced in writing of strategies, but need people with experience of delivering services, implementing and mobilising services
Full JD available upon request
Duration: 3 months initially with likely extensions
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Fully remote working – 1 day in the office from September
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.