Senior Environmental Protection Officer
Start: September 2023
Rate: £32 per hour Umbrella Inside IR35
Hours: Part time, 2/3 days per week
Duration: 3 months initially (likely to extend)
Hybrid working in the West Midlands
Our client is seeking a Senior Environmental Protection Officer to join them on a part-time basis for at least the next three months. The role will start in September and requires hybrid working within the West Midlands.
- You will safeguard and improve the environment, development and economic interests of the area and the health and wellbeing of its citizens
- You will regulate, control, and mitigate environmental pollution as well as provide technical and specialist advice concerning environmental protection to internal and external stakeholders
- You will administer and enforce legislative provisions as authorised that concern environmental protection
- You will be skilled in undertaking surveillance, environmental monitoring and assessments, and environmental protection duties
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health; OR a degree in an environmental science subject or equivalent qualification(s) is essential
- An additional specialist qualification in, or related to, environmental pollution, acoustics/noise/vibration, air pollution or land/ground contamination
- You will have significant industrial and/or commercial process experience, preferably gained with a local authority
- Experience of environmental protection and related planning development issues regarding air pollution control, air quality, noise and vibration control and ground contamination is essential
- You will have experience investigating and acting on complaints, incidents and service requests regarding environmental protection that concern
- Experience managing and conducting formal and legal proceedings to ensure regulatory compliance in accordance with authorised powers is essential
- You will have regulatory experience of A2 and/or Part B prescribed processes
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.