Senior Finance Business Partner
Vacancy Ref: 7056610
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Business Partner to cover a temporary assignment for a well-respected City Council in the South West while they recruit the position on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across functions, providing pro-active and innovative guidance to officers and members and influencing strategy, direction and business outcomes within the context of adherence to financial policies and practices.
Location: South West (remote)
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: £600-£650/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Leading on Medium Term Financial Plan, Capital Strategy, budget monitoring and budget setting
- Supporting the Chief Accountant in playing a key role in the development of the council’s financial framework, underpinning strategies and operational plans
- Pursuing opportunities with regional partners and other organisations to increase the productivity and efficiency of the function
- Deputising for the Chief Accountant as appropriate
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualification with considerable post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development
- Very good people management and resource coordination
- Good stakeholder management, able to manage senior stakeholders and councillors both executive and scrutiny
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of public sector legislation, financial regulation, codes of practice and accounting policy, through a full financial cycle
- Substantial experience of managing complex financial systems or procedures and / or evaluating innovative propositions and identifying solutions that convert concept to reality with effective means of financing its long term delivery
For further information or to apply for any of these positions, please contact
Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.