Senior Financial Business Analyst
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Duration: 6 months initially with likely extensions
Location: Midlands - Remote Working Available
Must be CCAB qualified (or equivalent)
We are currently working with a Local Authority in the Midlands who require the assistance of a Financial Business Analyst to support the Finance Manager and Head of City Finance in the delivery of financial services to prescribed standards, leading delivery within designated service areas including Early Years, Adult Education and SEND & Inclusion.
- To deputise for the Finance Manager on a range of matters and have responsibility to make decisions and to take appropriate action
- To be responsible for supervising the team within the service area including the allocation of work, monitoring and review of output, managing performance, development and recruitment
- To assist in ensuring that strategic and business needs and expectations are met to the agreed levels, within the Business Plan
- To assist in interpretation of statutory regulations, Standing Orders and LA Financial procedures.
- To assist and give advice to Budget Holders/Budget Managers in managing and steering complex budgets, to maximise efficiency
- Working with appropriate Service Heads, to ensure the delivery of effective forecast planning and that long-term plans are acted upon
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience working within a financial setting, ideally Local Government
- An in-depth operational knowledge of the legislative framework relating to the provision of financial services within a Local Government environment
- Experience of managing a finance team within a complex environment
- Advanced numeric skills with the ability to interpret complex numerical information, to develop an improvement plan and carry out corrective actions
- Good knowledge of management accounting, planning, budgeting, forecasting and performance management or other specialism as appropriate
- Understanding of political processes and some experience of managing politically sensitive issues
- CCAB qualified or equivalent
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.