Job Title: Senior Private Rented Standards Officer
Job reference: SDA/3437890A
Job description: A Local Authority in South Yorkshire is looking for a Senior Private Rented Standards Officer to assist in HMO licensing activities. The role is to start immediately until 1st October 2021 with the potential for an extension.
This role is remote for 80% of the working week and in Covid secure offices for the remainder of the week.
- Carry out pre-licence HMO inspections, draw floor plans where necessary and assess conditions in compliance to licensing standards and HHSRS.
- Calculate the number of households or persons permitted under the HMO licence.
- Draft and issue HMO licences and licence conditions in compliance to local licensing standards and customer service targets.
- Liaise with applicants and consultees to ensure an understanding of licensing requirements has been understood
- Carry out administrative functions and maintain proper records in accordance with service and performance management requirements
- Carry out HMO compliance visits to ensure conditions attached to licences are being complied with.
- Address high risk hazards and non-compliance to licensing standards using the most appropriate form of intervention in accordance to the Councils Intervention & Enforcement Policy.
The successful candidate would need to be HHSRS accredited, conversant with legislation as it relates to the Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation and have a minimum of 2 years experience in enforcing HMO licensing and Housing Act legislation.
Understanding how HMO licenses are administered by Local Authorities is essential and candidates will ideally have recent experience in assessing HMOs in compliance to Licensing Standards and drafting licence conditions to meet local licensing requirements.
The successful appointee would be equipped with IT to enable remote working and be expected to follow our Covid Safe Systems of Work which have been introduced to enable site inspections to resume. All applicants must hold a current and full UK driving licence and be able to carry out site inspections throughout the City in inclement weather.
Hourly rate: £34 - £36
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom Cuthbert (email@example.com). You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.