Senior Support Worker Vacancy
A well respected Charity are currently looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker to start with them on a on a full time temporary to permanent contract based near Milton Keynes.
Hours: 37 hours per week on a rota basis
Duration: Temporary to permanent
1 in 3 weekends: 11:00am- 7:30pm
You will also be required to be on call 1 in 3 weeks also.
Main duties of the role:
- Line managing staff members including conducting one to ones and appraisals
- Working in a single homeless hostel with vulnerable clients aged 16-65
- Conducting health and safety checks
- Following and updating detailed risk assessments and support plans
- Expertly dealing with any complaints finding appropriate solutions
- Ensuring rooms have a turnaround of 1 day or less
- Responsible for new residents application process
- Dealing with issues including rent arrears and Anti-Social Behaviour, to the point of eviction if necessary
- Acting as the primary point of contact for emergency situations and take the lead in resolving issues
- Being on call 1 in 5 weeks to deal with any emergencies that arise
- Experience in supporting service users in a housing based capacity
- Supervisory or management experience, does not need to be while working in housing
- An enhanced DBS from within the last three years, or the willingness to apply for a new one
- A UK driving license and access to a car is essential for this role
To secure an interview for this excellent opportunity, please email your updated CV to Charley Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.