Senior Trading Standards Officer (3 days per week/23 hours)
Duration: 2 month rolling contract – likely extension
Rate: £340p/d umbrella (Inside IR35)
Hybrid Working – Likely to be weighted towards being on site as a significant proportion of the work will be carrying out visits.
Location: West Midlands based
Please note, if you would like to be but forward on different terms, i.e. full time hours or a slightly higher rate, please do still get in contact as the client may be open to this pending on initial responses.
Our client is looking for a qualified Senior Trading Standards Officer to assist them for the next two months initially, you will be required to take responsibility of the management and delivery of age restricted sales project.
Please see below for more details:
- Manage and deliver age restricted sales project into cosmetic fillers/botox
- Identify and prioritise premises
- Plan and deliver test purchase exercise
- Carry out follow-up visits
- Produce advisory information for premises
- Provide a report on the outcomes
About the team:
- 7 members of staff including myself, all in hybrid roles
- Recent prosecutions include fraud case against rogue letting agent, fraud case against fraudulent travel agent, fraud case against rogue planning agent
- Upcoming cases include four cases against cowboy builders, large counterfeiting case, insurance fraud via a taxi operator and two landlords who conducted illegal evictions
- Main priorities currently are licensing reviews, age restricted sales, private sector housing overlap and cost of living projects
- Standard DBS (We can process one for you if you do not already have one)
- Trading Standards Qualifications (CTSI Professional Competency Framework (CPCF))
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.