Solicitor – Adult
An opportunity has arisen for an Adult Social Care Solicitor to join Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council’s supportive legal team on a permanent basis.
As a valued member of the team, you will be responsible for handling a busy and rewarding caseload including court work and advice work. This will include with advising Social Services clients on all aspects of relevant legislation.
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is situated at the very heart of the West Midlands, just a stone’s throw from Birmingham. A large, diverse, metropolitan borough, Sandwell offers exciting opportunities for all in a friendly, supportive environment. They are proud of their family friendly working policy which allows for flexible working. This position allows for hybrid working with a significant remote working component.
Although an understanding of, and familiarity with the Local Authority environment is an advantage, we would consider any applicant with an alternative background wanting to transfer their skills into Local Government.
- Undertaking a range of adult social care matters
- Typical matters will include, Court of protection, S21A, Deprivation of liberty, Mental Health matters, Mental Capacity matters, Community care
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Two years or more PQE
- Hybrid working with significant remote working
- Formal policy allowing for flexible working
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme
- 31 days annual leave, rising to 36 after five years continuous service
- Option to buy an additional 10 days annual leave per annum
Please reach out to our retained recruitment partners at Venn Group for further information: sandwellMBC@venngroup.com
Alternatively, for an informal, confidential discussion please call Nik Stoate on 0121 616 0681.