A leading NHS organisation based in London is looking to appoint a Supply Chain Officer on a temporary 3 month contract initially. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager this role will be responsible for ensuring that various departments across the organisation have a continuous supply of goods in line with the organisation’s materials control system. The position will be paying between £10-12 per hour.
Key responsibilities include:
- To receive stock, unpack and replenish cabinets, stores or store rooms in relevant departments whilst ensuring that stock rotation is carried out continuously
- To use a hand-held device to scan bar codes and order product lines to bring stock levels to agreed max stock levels, based on a top-up system as directed
- To ensure that deliveries are correct against the requisition and delivery notes, including unit of issue, investigate discrepancies and resolve queries
- Investigating stock discrepancies, problem solving, contacting suppliers and relaying information to the Supply Chain Manager
- To assist ward and department managers in managing their purchases and levels of stock
- To assist the department managers with the promotion of product rationalisation and reduce stock holding
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Previous warehouse / inventory management experience
- Customer services background and must be able to meet pre-set schedules and deal with queries efficiently
- Moderate physical activity will be required throughout this role so the ability to lift and unpack goods and stock shelves is necessary
- Computer literate, possess a good standard of general education, including being numerically competent
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.