Support Worker Vacancy waiting to be filled
Venn Group have been approached by a support organisation and would like to introduce the following position available
Position: Support Worker
Rate: £11.50-£13 per hour inc hol pay
Length: Temp to perm
Hours: 37 hours per week – mix of early (7:30-3:30) and late shifts (3:30-10:30)
The role will predominantly involve:
- Creating a support plan and risk assessment alongside the young person, professionals and close family members develop and implement a support plan and risk assessment
- Supporting service users with their day to day wellbeing, social and independent goals as identified in their support plan
- Supporting service users to access suitable housing, benefit entitlements and primary health care
- Preparing accommodation for young people and settle young people in organising practical tasks, e.g. operating the boiler, understanding the utilities.
- Supporting the young person to manage their tenancy, such as practical help with cooking, budgeting, being a good neighbour and emotional support
- Supporting the health & safety and maintenance checks which are required
- Taking telephone referrals, assessing potential clients and deal with general enquiries to the service
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS
To find out more about this role or to apply please contact Samantha Marshall or Kiera Power on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.