Urgent Support Worker Vacancy
Agency Ref: 78588
Our client is looking to recruit a temporary Housing Support Worker to work in a homeless hostel in Luton. The organisation is proactive in supporting customers to improve their lives and coach them to realise their goals, moving from supported housing into an independent way of life.
Length: Until March/April 2024
Hours: 37 hours a week with shift patterns
Salary: £12.50 per hour including holiday pay at 12.07%
The role involves:
• Working closely with your own case-load of customers, helping them to manage benefits.
• Supporting customers to address their responsibilities and engage in opportunities available to them
• Carrying out assessments with new customers
• Implementing support and risk management plans
• Conducting regular coaching sessions
• Supporting the Service Managers in managing rent accounts
• Making sure void rooms are turned around quickly ready for new customers needing support
You will need to utilise your knowledge, skills and experience to recognise difficult and challenging situations and work with your colleagues to influence and bring about positive change in the individuals they support.
• Experience with supporting vulnerable people within a customer centred environment.
• Good understanding of mental health issues and substance misuse
• Self-motivated with strong administration and communication skills
• This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check