Multiple Vacancies – Support Worker
Location: Leamington Spa
Length: 12 Weeks to Permanent (Dependant on Performance)
Hours: 1X 37.5 hours per week 1X 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm
Pay: £10.15 (dependent on experience, Inclusive Of holiday pay) Permanent Salary - £20,007
Venn Group are currently recruiting for experienced Floating Support Workers throughout Warwickshire. This opportunity is looking for a candidates who have a strong background within supporting complex needs primarily supporting homelessness in which you will also need knowledge around housing management. Please note the role involves working within the community, therefore only individuals with a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle will be considered.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide general practical and emotional support to people in the service in order to promote clients independence and recovery
- Manage a caseload of ten service users at one time who have been placed in temporary accommodation
- Respond appropriately to chaotic and challenging behaviour to promote the well-being of people in the service and staff
- Be able to conduct, revise and amend support plans/risk assessment’s
- Undertake training e.g. through attendance at formal courses
- Provide an effective and responsive supportive service
- Liaise with referral teams/agencies regarding vacancies and referrals
- Participate in the team’s provision of individual support and needs assessments, including risk assessments, advice, emotional support and practical assistance
- Participate in assessing and reviewing future housing and support needs, and in identifying and co-ordinating internal and external services and referrals in response to these
- Keep appropriate records of interventions with people in the service and inform other staff of relevant issues
- Facilitate regular consultation and action to enable people within the service to make decisions concerning their resettlement options with a view to independent living
- Assist in arranging appointments with the relevant professionals e.g. Social Workers, Probation Officers and Medical Staff, where appropriate
- Provide advice and assistance to people within the service on personal budgeting, debt management and claims for welfare benefits. Pro-active in introducing new service users to the service
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons (Executive Consultant) on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.