Position: Core Project Worker
Rate: £11-£13 PAYE
Length: Temp to perm
Hours: 37 hours p/week OR 24 hours p/week
The role will predominantly involve:
- Developing and implementing a support plan and risk assessment alongside the young person, professionals and close family members
- Encouraging the young people to complete actions on their support plan, delegating to assistant housing support workers and following up with other professionals to ensure goals are reached
- Building professional supportive relationships with young people, which allows effective management of challenging behaviour as well as helping them to make informed choices about their options and maintain their independence
- Alongside the team leader assess referrals into the project, ensuring the safety of other young people whilst maintaining an inclusive approach to young people with complex needs
- Using a strengths-based and trauma informed approach, develop a young person’s skills and work related activities to boost better outcomes and give feedback on successes
- Facilitating support in order to ensure young people develop domestic skills, parenting skills, life skills, social skills and behaviour management skills where appropriate, to sustain a tenancy and home
- Ensuring all necessary records are properly maintained in line with policies and procedures on young person files, finance and administration
- Preparing accommodation for young people and settle young people in organising practical tasks, e.g. operating the boiler, understanding the utilities.
- Supporting the young person to manage their tenancy, such as practical help with cooking, budgeting, being a good neighbour and emotional support
- Ensure support plans and risk assessments are completed within the correct timescales and reviewed when new risks have been identified
The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS
To find out more about any of these roles or to apply please contact Kiera Power or Sam Marshall on 0161 830 1830 or alternatively reply to this email with your up to date CV.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.