Team Manager – School Transport (SEND)
We are working with a Local Authority in the East Midlands who require the interim assistance of a Team/Operations Manager – Transport.
Start: 5th June 2023
Rate: Negotiable hourly rate via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months+ (very likely extenstions)
To assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services
The candidate would be working in the Highways & Transportation, Transport Operations, Contracts & Compliance Services department and have key relationships with:
- Staff of the Council
- Government Departments
- Statutory Undertakers
- Consultants, Developers
- Outside bodies who (act as clients or) provide goods, services, and information, including Students, parents, bus contractors, schools & colleges, Social Workers and Social Care staff.
- To provide visible leadership and management with effective strategic and operational performance and financial management ensuring that services provided by and contracted by the Council are delivering desired outcomes and meet all statutory duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility for the efficient specification, tendering and contract management and compliance for Local Bus, Park and Ride, mainstream and SEN education, social care and community transport for Leicestershire, balancing customer focus, quality and cost effectiveness to ensure and demonstrate value for money provision which meets all statutory duties and responsibilities
- To develop, deliver and maintain a training program and provision for internal and external employees providing transport for SEN, Social Care and Mainstream service users, including those employees providing medical administration for high needs/high risk service users
- To be lead liaison with the Safe Guarding Team on all matters relating to the safe guarding of children & vulnerable adults receiving transport, including attendance at safe guarding strategy meetings as required
- To monitor and report on the financial position for ALL transport services related to SEN, Social Care, Community Transport, Mainstream Schools and local bus services, including trading agreement services provided to other local authorities
- Maintenance of appropriate management arrangements and service processes for the issue of season tickets on bus and rail services
- Management and development of the authority's duty of care around passenger transport provision including Health and Safety considerations, management of surveys, inspections and responding to complaints about passenger transport services
- Work with schools, C&FS and other representative organisations to develop and deliver initiatives to improve pupil behaviour when using school transport
- Development of training programmes and activities with students in schools aimed at influencing and improving home to school transport behaviour
- To be responsible for the receipt of requests for transport and to deliver transport solutions that best meet these requirements, including the annual review and allocation of all schools transport in the period leading up to Autumn term
- To be responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of training for internal and external employees providing transport for SEN, Social Care and Mainstream service users, including those employees providing medical administration for high needs service users
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.