We are currently working with a large East Midlands public sector organisation who require the interim assistance of a Transport Officer to assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services.
- To manage and lead a dedicated team of employed staff and contingent workers in accordance with agreed performance standards
- Providing front line day to day supervision to all Drivers and Escorts
- Carry out Annual Performance Review interviews and undertake assessment of driver and escort performance
- Support effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities
- Liaise and consult with other departments and establishments, managers, staff, parents/carers, other customers, and contractors
- Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible ensuring the effective organisation of fleet activities and vehicles
- Prepare technical reports for Members, partners, customers and stakeholders where appropriate
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience of supervising a remote and mobile workforce
- Working with more senior members of staff in delivering progress updates and reports
- Development and implementation of work programme
- Resolving work related problems and implementing appropriate solutions
Please note due to the nature of the work involved the jobholder will carry out work outside of normal working hours, currently the team operates a rota covering 6am to 2pm &/or 10am to 6pm.
Duration: 3-6 months initially
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.