Duration: 3 - 6 months initially subject to further extensions
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience
Onsite working arrangement: Working hours may be outside the 9 – 5 working arrangement
We are currently working with an organisation who require the assistance of a Transport Officer within Local Government based in the Midlands. You will assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services.
Please see below for more details:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the Team Manager and Transport Managers with employee selection, recruitment, induction, training and development, attendance management, monitoring and disciplinary procedures
- Provide training and development of employees, drivers and escorts to improve the provision of services, contribute to efficiency savings
- To ensure detailed health and safety plans for individual passengers and routes are adhered to; ensuring the development of risk assessments, method statements and safe working practices for transport
- To assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services
- Carry out Annual Performance Review interviews and undertake assessment of driver and escort performance, to promote workforce development and career progression
- To offer advice on the effective and efficient planning of routes for transport services both manually and through using available ICT systems
- To inspect operational depots ensuring Landlord responsibilities are being met along with our responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Legislation
- To inspect vehicles and liaise with the Fleet Services team over defects and identifiable faults
- To support effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities
- Full, valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Word and with highly developed skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Experience of supervising a remote and mobile workforce
- Worked with more senior members of staff in delivering progress updates and reports
- Able to work to tight deadlines, in a peak time pressurised environment
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.