Venn Group are currently working with an organisation with bases across the South of England, who are seeking a Category Lead to complete a 12-month fixed-term contract, as the organisation goes through a period of transformation. There is also the possibility this role will become a permanent position after the initial contract length.
Our client are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual with significant experience running tender exercises compliant with EU procurement laws. You will support sourcing and contract management activity, governance and assurance, and work specifically on projects and tenders.
This role is remote, but occasional travel to sites may be required for meetings.
- Support the Deputy Head of Procurement in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the programme, analysing current spend information and financial data
- Ensure contract compliance across the organisations, challenging processes and providing support for users
- Demonstrate best value for money, through compliance with category priorities and contracts
- Identify, develop, report on and manage key performance indicators to ensure continual improvement
- Negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Managing sub-teams, with an ability to effectively build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Running tender exercises compliant with EU procurement law
- Contract management
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Louise McDonald at lmcdonald(at)venngroup(dot)com.