Duration: 6 Months with very likely extensions
Rate: £200 a day via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Hours: Monday to Friday (Mon – Thursday 8:30-5, Friday – 8:30-4:30)
Hybrid working – Coventry
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client based in the Coventry area, for a Communications / PR Lead to join them on an interim basis for at least the next six months.
The ideal candidate will develop and produce strategic communications campaigns that boost the organisation ‘brand awareness’, effectively promote their services, innovative projects, and achievements to strengthen the public image.
Responsibilities/expectations of the role:
- Develop a more strategic approach to keeping staff, stakeholders and public up to date with the challenging issues facing the council including impact of funding shortages
- Promote the strengths and reputation of the city to support additional private and public sector investment
- Ensure full public engagement with critical Local Authority processes for example the Local Plan
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of the Council’s internal and external communications strategy—including online and social media components—that supports the council’s overarching vision
- Write, edit, and develop content—and the design, production, and distribution of the Council ’s promotional content across all communication channels and platforms
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of a comprehensive events contact database and conduct interviews with key parties, such as stakeholders and the technical staff to generate new communications materials
We are looking for an individual with:
- Experience in organizational strategic communications or a related field, including direct practical evidence of PR, Communications, or Public Policy
- Excellent knowledge of social media
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Ability to persuade, negotiate, and advance/resolve issues through strategic communication
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Solid multitasking and time-management skills, with a capacity to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and advance several projects at once.
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Katie Dugmore on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.