Environmental Health Officer – Food Inspections
Rate: Negotiable dependant on Experience
Duration: 3 months initially with possible extension
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation based in the West Midlands area, who are looking for an experienced Environmental Health Officer – Food Inspections.
- As a member of the Food and Safety Team, the post holder will provide effective wide regulatory services to customers, visitors and businesses by providing advice and guidance, carrying out inspections, interventions, taking samples and conducting investigations into alleged breaches of the law
- The post holder is also responsible for investigation of notifiable infectious diseases and accidents as appropriate
- The post holder will be responsible for the effective enforcement of the law in their area of competency and authorisation with the purpose of securing compliance.
- To be responsible for providing advice and guidance in your area of competency and authorisation in the field of Food Hygiene, Food Standards and Health & Safety to a range of customers including consumers, citizens, businesses, colleagues in other areas of the Organisations and partner agencies
- To take responsibility for planning and ensuring the effective delivery of specific projects and initiatives in the field of Food and Safety. You will be expected to contribute to the development and delivery of the Divisional Service Plan and other work plans and frameworks.
- To be responsible for undertaking the necessary actions to register, licence or approve people, places or vehicles and will oversee the production of the aforementioned.
- To be EHORB registered
- Experience working in food hygiene and standards
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health and/or a Higher Certificate in Food Premises inspection
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.