A leading Kent based university is hiring two Financial Accountants that will support all aspects of financial accounting for the University.
The post will include the production of financial accounts to support month-end and year-end management reporting, administration of day-to-day treasury management and the production of indirect taxation returns.
• Produce monthly financial information to be used in the production of management reporting and to support in-year forecasting
• Support the production of the annual financial statements, taking responsibility for the production of a number of notes and accompanying analyses
• Support the external audit, preparing schedules to support the figures reporting in the financial statements
• Produce a weekly analysis of cashflow movements and use the monthly forecast produced for management reporting
• Provide support to the day-to-day management of relationships with bankers and investment brokers on behalf of the University
• Ensure compliance with VAT regulations in recording all transactions, acting as a first point of contact for VAT related queries from staff across the University
• Produce and submit of all indirect tax returns, including quarterly VAT returns; annual PESM return and Corporation Tax return
• Recognised CCAB Professional Accounting Qualification and current membership
• Strong experience in a senior financial management in a complex public sector organisation working at a strategic and operational level
• A good understanding of current accounting policies and standards, including HE/FE SORP, and VAT regulations
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstratable experience of working with senior stakeholders
Annual salary: £36,386 - £42,155 pa
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-Time
Location: Kent (Hybrid working – 3 days on site, 2 days working from home)
Additional benefits: Generous annual leave and pension contributions
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted, so early applications are encouraged to avoid missing out on the opportunity
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.