Locum Commercial Contracts Solicitor – Local Authority – West Midlands – 3 months – Full Time – Hybrid Working – Up to £60 per hour
Venn Group are seeking a Locum Commercial Contracts Solicitor to join a Local Authority for a 3-month initial assignment with the likelihood of extension.
Role: Locum Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Organisation: West Midlands based Local Authority
Duration: 3 months initial contract with the likelihood of extension thereafter
Working Pattern: Full time
Working Arrangement: Occasional office presence is preferred for this role
Hourly Rate: Up to £60 per hour Umbrella – potentially Outside IR35 but this is yet to be confirmed
The appointed candidate will have previous experience handling a full range of commercial contracts, procurement matters within Local Government. The Local Authority has also advised a background of Commercial Property would be beneficial, but not essential.
The desired applicant will be a Qualified Lawyer; either a Solicitor, Barrister or experienced CILEX professional.
Duties for this role may include:
- The caseload will involve both general and more complex matters, advising on all aspects of commercial contracts including any procurement matters that may arise
- Undertaking a wide range of legal work including drafting legal documents and agreements, and negotiating various agreements and settlements
- Preparing and approving reports to offer advice with the Executive, Committee and Committee Members and other Members and Officers
- Offering supervision, coaching, guidance and training of more junior members of staff
- Development of the service’s ancillary policies and procedures
Please apply for this role either online or with Felicity Woodbridge or Ebby Vallance via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J74553
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.