Duration: Temporary, 3 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Rate: £17 - £18.50 per hour (PAYE)
This is an interim contract for 3 months with a possible extension and you would need to start as soon as possible. This role is offering between £17 - £18.50 per hour (PAYE).
Outline duties below:
- To be a senior member of the multidisciplinary team, work to achieve maximum potential recovery for each patient, implementing timely Occupational Therapy treatment programmes with the aim of improving independence, function and quality of life
- To assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent to treatment, where possible, and to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to give informed consent
- To use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients including those with difficulties in understanding or communicating, e.g. patients who may be ventilated, dysphasic, depressed, cognitively impaired, deaf or blind or patients who may be unable to accept diagnosis)
- To work alongside and take delegated responsibility from Clinical Specialists for managing patients with more complex conditions
- To ensure accurate, timely and comprehensive assessment and treatment records are maintained on patients receiving therapy and to be responsible for correspondence and reports relating to own patient caseload
- To represent the Therapy Service and/or individual patients at the multi-professional team meetings, to ensure the delivery of a co-ordinated multi-professional service and a fully integrated therapy treatment plan
- To communicate effectively with multi-professional teams including consultants, GPs, outside agencies and carers with regards to patient care as appropriate. To provide a clear therapy perspective with regards to patient care, patient progress and flow management.
- To carry out assessments and interventions with the aim of increasing patients occupational performance using specialist skills, facilitatory and compensatory techniques and equipment
To carry out home visits, environmental visits, and collaborative visits with patients, carers/family, statutory and voluntary agencies from both hospitals and community teams
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.