Housing Assistant Vacancy! (Housekeeper)
A homeless hostel in the Watford area are looking for a housekeeper to join their friendly team on a part time or full time basis.
Hours: FT/PT (20 hours or 37.5 hours) Shifts flexible
Pay: £11.68 per hour including holiday pay
Duration: Temporary to permanent
Your duties will include:
- Cleaning a large hostel that supports vulnerable homeless clients with Complex Needs
- Maintain healthy stocks of cleaning products and materials
- Spot clean any spillages
- Use electrical and mechanical equipment from time to time, including floor polishers, etc. after appropriate training
- Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the cleaning schedules but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards
- Adhering to health and safety standards at all times
- Reporting any accidents or hazards as required
- Cleaning of all hostel and other allocated office and public areas, including all allocated rooms, corridors, bathrooms, showers, toilets, including vacuuming regularly, wiping ledges, sweeping stairs, cleaning glass, dusting, washing floors
- Delivering used linen to the laundry and recording linen used as required
- Maintain adequate supplies of toilet requisites in bathrooms and toilets
- Ensure the cleanliness of the site is maintained to the required standard
- Provide a high level of customer service to staff, residents and the general public
- Previous experience in commercial cleaning
- A recent DBS certificate, or willingness to apply for a new one
- Available to start at short notice
- Understanding of health & safety, and COSSH
Please note: Cleaning is of a physical nature and requires bending, kneeling down, walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, pushing and pulling objects.
If you are interested in this role please call Charley asap on 01908 295 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV.