Job Title: Rehabilitation Officer
Job reference: JES/26042022
Job description: A Local Authority in Greater Manchester is looking for a Rehabilitation Officer to provide professional expertise for the organisation. The role is to start on a temporary basis for 6 months with a chance of extension. The Local Authority will offer the opportunity to work from home.
- Providing assessment, rehabilitation training and support for people with a visual impairment
- Responsible for the safe delivery of rehabilitation services to people with a visual impairment, ensuring the effective provision of a high-quality standard of service
- Managing safeguarding risk effectively, working within a multi-agency environment
- Working in a holistic and person centred way, ensuring customers and families remain central to the processes they are part of
- Undertaking a need led assessment to identify the rehabilitation needs of individuals with a visual impairment and their carers in line with the Department’s policies and procedures
- Delivering an effective and high-quality rehabilitation and advisory service to people with sensory impairment, including the assessment of individual need, developing packages of care, provision of equipment and meeting the needs of carers
- Engaging informal support, seek resolutions in conflicts and mobilise various parts of statutory, voluntary, and independent services as and when appropriate
The successful candidate should have:
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience in Rehabilitation
Hourly Rate: £35.00 per hour
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Jake Simms (email@example.com) or Sean Leonard (firstname.lastname@example.org) You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.