Job Title: 2 x Sub Agent
Job reference: 7136210
Venn Group is currently working with a contractor in the South West Region, who are recruiting for 2 Permanent Sub Agents, who will cover the effective programme management of numerous highway infrastructure schemes across the South West of England.
Duties will include:
Reporting directly to the Site Agent you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
- Delivery of the project in line with the construction programme and Works Information.
- Managing a team of site engineers.
- Drawing up Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits.
- Ensuring daily work record sheets and diaries.
- Daily programming and planning of work operations.
- Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Reporting any unsafe act or defect to your Line Manager.
- Liaise with fellow members of the project team and client’s representatives on site.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification.
- Familiarity with the NEC Form of contract.
- Resource management
- Planning and programming
- Commercial awareness
- Highway Works and/or RC Structural Concrete
- Good English spoken and writing skills.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- To be degree educated or equivalent qualification
- To be working (or looking) towards achieving chartered status.
- To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card
- To be eligible to work in the UK
- To work site hours (Generally 07.30 – 17.30) Monday to Friday
- To work occasional night and weekend shifts
- To be motivated and enthusiastic
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.
To discuss this position in more detail or to apply please send an up to date CV to Tcullen@venngroup.com or call Joe Williams, Cathy Murray or Thomas Cullen on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.