Job Title: Building Services Technician (Electrical)
Job reference: J61690
We are currently recruiting for a number of Electricians within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract
The post holder is expected to carry out maintenance to all electrical infrastructure, plant and equipment associated with a major University and to complete installation work in a technically flexible manner and will be expected to include some elements of a mechanical engineering discipline, whilst working within the levels of a known competency.
Duties will include:
- Interact with the supervisory team and assist in the effective delivery of a quality cost
- Carry out a range of work including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of the University’s electrical services infrastructure, installations and equipment.
- High quality often complex electrical installations to meet the requirements of all relevant British Standard(s)
- High quality, often complex, electrical Planned Preventative Maintenance and breakdown maintenance to the electrical infrastructure, general electrical installations, specialist services, electrical plant and its associated controls, electrical equipment (portable and fixed)
- Diagnostic and repair skills in the remedial work to all electrical services
- Detailed surveys and inspections
- Interact with the supervisory team on a day-to-day basis and assist in ensuring all work is carried out in an efficient, cost effective, transparent and safe manner to the highest achievable standard
- Responsible for ensuring that all associated paperwork issued in conjunction with the job/project is completed and returned to the appropriate supervisor for processing
Essential skills / qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an electrical engineering or building services related discipline
- 18th edition
- 2391 desirable
- Full UK driving licence
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.