A very large Charity that provides extensive services for vulnerable people are recruiting a Financial Accountant to work specifically in their Tax and Treasury department.
The position will provide extensive financial accounting services across different entities, including VAT, Gift Aid, cash flow forecasting and investment accounting.
Your duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts across different Trusts
- Act as a point of contact for external audit
- Assist in the preparation of annual returns to Charity Commission and HMRC
- Manage banking administration i.e., ensure bank accounts are funded on a timely basis to meet operational expenditure, manage access lists etc.
- Assist in the production of cash flow forecasts
- Assist the Finance Officer in producing VAT returns and Gift Aid monitoring
- Carry out various investment accounting tasks including establishing relationships with investment managers
- Prepare financial reports and quarterly balance sheets
- Record all transactions on the system from investment reports
- Calculate and journal investment gains and losses
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Extensive financial accounting experience
- Experience of dealing with external auditors
- VAT experience
- Investment accounting knowledge
- Strong system skills including advanced Excel
Length: 6 months with high chance to extend
Daily Rate: £170-£190 per day
Location: Central London – 2 days per week in Office
Job Reference: J74799
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates